In Joomla! 1.5 all User interfaces can be localised. This includes the installation, the Back-end Control Panel and the Front-end Site.
The core release of Joomla! 1.5 is shipped with multiple language choices in the installation but, other than English (the default), languages for the Site and Administration interfaces need to be added after installation. Links to such language packs exist below.
Translation Teams for Joomla! 1.5 may have also released fully localised installation packages where site, administrator and sample data are in the local language. These localised releases can be found in the specific team projects on the JoomlaCode.
How do I install language packs?
- First download both the admin and the site language packs that you require.
- Install each pack separately using the Extensions->Install/Uninstall Menu selection and then the package file upload facility.
- Go to the Language Manager and be sure to select Site or Admin in the sub-menu. Then select the appropriate language and make it the default one using the Toolbar button.
How do I select languages?
- Default languages can be independently set for Site and for Administrator
- In addition, users can define their preferred language for each Site and Administrator. This takes affect after logging in
- While logging in to the Administrator Back-end, a language can also be selected for the particular session.
Where can I find Language Packs and Localised Releases?
Please note that Joomla! 1.5 is new and language packs for this version may have not been released at this time.
- The Joomla! Accredited Translations Project – This is a joint repository for language packs that were developed by teams that are members of the Joomla! Translations Working Group.
- The Joomla! Extensions Site – Translations
- List of Translation Teams and Translation Partner Sites for Joomla! 1.5
Apel povodom slučaja Vijesti
I installed with my own language, but the Back-end is still in English
A lot of different languages are available for the Back-end, but by default this language may not be installed. If you want a translated Back-end, get your language pack and install it using the Extension Installer. After this, go to the Extensions Menu, select Language Manager and make your language the default one. Your Back-end will be translated immediately.
Users who have access rights to the Back-end may choose the language they prefer in their Personal Details parameters. This is of also true for the Front-end language.
A good place to find where to download your languages and localised versions of Joomla! is on our Help Site.
Does the PDF icon render pictures and special characters?
Yes! Prior to Joomla! 1.5, only the text values of an Article and only for ISO-8859-1 encoding was allowed in the PDF rendition. With the new PDF library in place, the complete Article including images is rendered and applied to the PDF. The PDF generator also handles the UTF-8 texts and can handle any character sets from any language. The appropriate fonts must be installed but this is done automatically during a language pack installation.
TUŽILAČKI ZAKONI I VENECIJANCI PO DRUGI PUT: Početak demontaže DPS pravosuđa
POLJOPRIVREDNICI I DALJE BEZ AGROBUDŽETA: Na goloj ledini
DEMOKRATE POBJEDNICI IZBORA U HERCEG NOVOM: Brodolom Demokratske partije socijalista
ŠANKOVI NA PLAŽI U SLUŽBI POLITIKE: Morsko dobro protiv Ministarstva turizma
Od ruke sve je krenulo
Articles in English
ŠERBO RASTODER, ISTORIČAR: Aktuelna vlast radi što i bivša
Dr DRAGAN MARKOVINA, ISTORIČAR I PUBLICISTA: I dalje živimo ponižavajuću nacionalističku stvarnost
MINISTARKA BRATIĆ I NESUĐENA DIREKTORICA ĐAČIĆ: Slika i prilika
DR KATARINA GOLUBOVIĆ, PREDSJEDNICA YUCOM-A, KOMITETA PRAVNIKA ZA LJUDSKA PRAVA: Današnja vlast počiva na osnovama 1990-ih
DOK NASILJE NA ULICAMA RASTE: Ko kontroliše policiju
MINISTARSKI POSLOVI MILUTINA SIMOVIĆA I BIZNISMENA TOMISLAVA ČELEBIĆA: Ja tebi tender – ti meni stan
DRŽAVA I DRŽAVLJANI: Od ljudskih prava do izbornog inženjeringa
VELIMIR VISKOVIĆ, ESEJISTA, KNJIŽEVNI KRITIČAR, ENCIKLOPEDISTA: Glasam za lijevo-zelenu koaliciju i javno agitujem za njih